Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Relevance in the Market

I had a great discussion with one of my close friends here in Atlanta who is an accomplished executive recruiter and owner of an elite boutique placement firm. We discussed relevance in today's market and how much impact you have if you are not relevant. Well. you have to guess this really got me thinking about my HR blog and me as well. 

I have been thinking for some time to shut down my blog in May which will be it's 6 year anniversary. Why you ask, well for the reason my friend and I discussed, relevance. I have had the luxury to mentor, guide, and educate people on HR matters, policy, and how to get to the table where HR belongs. I have also been very outspoken about being innovative and creative in the role as well as not just being a business partner but a business person who can run the business. My blog has received 3 years running, 2011, 2012, and 2013 "Best Blog" from the Human Capital Institute. It has been associated with Meet the Boss TV, and written about in Human Resource Executive magazine. I think I have reached the goals I set back in 2007 when I was thinking of doing a blog. That being said, after leaving my former company in 2007, I have consulted with small start-ups, large corporations, done due diligence as a sub-contractor but have not been directly involved with a business full time since that time. 

I think I have imparted lots of relevant knowledge through my blog but as the dynamics of HR and business change I really am not in the forefront anymore; on the outside looking in so to speak. For those reasons, I will shut my blog down in May 2014 and hope that it has provided you with valuable information and insight into the role HR should play in business today. 

I will continue to post relevant information until May and hope that you will continue to read my blog until then and refer to it thereafter. Thank you for reading InnovativeHRstrategy and I wish you all the great success you deserve in HR. 

No comments: